Center for Interethnic and Interconfessional Studies in Central Asian Region (CIISCAR) is a structural subdivision of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, studying interethnic and interconfessional relations and education on questions of state ethnopolitics, ethnos and confessions. CIIS was opened in 2011 by Presidential Order, read on XVII Session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan. Conception of CIIS is based on Doctrine of National Unity of Kazakhstan, which is the main tool of process of consolidation of the Kazakhstan society.
Creation of fundamental scientific and research base of development of Kazakhstan model of interethnic and interconfessional consent.
Study of interethnic and interconfessional relations and training of state employees, specialists of organizations, representatives of ethno-cultural and religious unities, mass media and universities and also other public organizations within programs of professional development and retraining on questions of interethnic and interconfessional relations with the aim of scientific and practical support of state ethnopolitics realization.
Areas of activity - scientific and research, educational, academic, informational and analytical.
In CIIS scientific and applied researches are conducted, programs and projects in the field of state ethnopolitics, forums and educational seminars and trainings are realized.
Competitive advantages – provision for scientific rationale of real practice of state ethnopolitics and using in the education of practical results of activity of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan.
Students are state employees, dealing with questions of interethnic and interconfessional relations, deputies of akims of cities and districts, heads of departments of domestic policies of cities, districts, heads of ethno-cultural, youth and other public organizations, representatives of confessions, scientific and expert groups of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan, universities, mass media of Kazakhstan.
Scientific tasks of CIIS:
• Development of strategic concepts and recommendations for improvement of ethnopolitics of Kazakhstan, participation in the development and realization of state programs in this field;
• Formation of scientific and research base for interethnic and interconfessional development;
• Study of world trends of interethnic and interconfessional development;
• Scientific-methods feasibility of educational programs on questions of ethnos and confessions;
• Conduction of scientific researches in the field of interethnic and interconfessional relations;
• Participation in scientific, methodical and organizational support, maintenance and realization of state and joint international programs and projects in ethnopolitics;
• Analysis of scientific, academic and informational literature in the field of interethnic and interconfessional relations.
33a Abay ave., Astana
Tel. +7 (7172) 75 31 41, факс: +7 (7172) 75 35 79